POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Height Field from map Comparison : Re: POV wins it, IMO. Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV wins it, IMO.
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 12 Sep 2003 15:27:42
Message: <3f621e2e$1@news.povray.org>
Oh, now it becomes clear! Very clear indeed, and this is surely an
improvement (once again) to the internal height_field (though it's coded in
SDL). What do you call this algoritm?

> Btw: How did you like the jagginess filter?

If you mean the "cragginess" filter I think your code outputs a clean
result, considering there are jpg artifacts found in the original bitmap. I
don't know how you do this. Once I coded a convolution matrix in SDL (for
guassian blur) but it was terribly slow. You're probably doing something
completely else?

Greetings
Hugo